Tuesday, September 24, 2013

interview with Christian Rothas !!



So how did it all begin?

 I started early playing trumpet shows in a small orchestra in front of grandparents. My brother showed me House Music for the first time when I was 15. In the beginning I did crunk mixes, battling around in internet forums and started djing in free online radios. I saved all my money up to buy my first CDJs 1000 MK3. 

After one month of fooling around I booked to headline front of 3000 people. That gave me the motivation to keep going.

Where do you live?
 I currently live in Berlin, but spend a good amount of time in NY.

Where did the name come from?
It's my real name. 

Which other countries have you played/put parties on
 I played some show in New York, mostly work in Germany. I have some upcoming gigs in Sweden and Ukraine.

What's the best event you've played at/put on? 
Whether I play for 5 or 5.000 people, I get lost in my music and enjoy every gig I play. One of the most memorable events was when I played a pre set for Finger & Kadel, which at the time were No.1 on the german House Hitlists.
We only cost the event manager a minor percentage of the main act and he told us we did better! That night I felt like a superstar.

What was your first record you bought?
My first Record I ever bought was Phil Collins - Dance into the Light

 Out of all the tunes you have, which one 'never fails?'
Booka Shade - Body language (Tocadisco Remix)

DJ Tocadisco - Nobody (Likes The Record I Play)

Till West & DJ Delicious - Same Man (Original Mix)
Kolsch - Loreley
Justice vs Simian - We are your Friends
 
What's you favourite tune of all time?
8. At the moment I really enjoy Daft Punk - Get Lucky!

So how is the scene in your eyes at the moment? 
EDM (progressive and electro house) is like a ball which is about to explode. 
Popular DJs like David Guetta, Tiesto or Avicii are making their way to the mainstream. I see House Music becoming more and more commercial. Nightclubs in New York which used to stick to Hip Hop and Rap only open themselves up for the faster beat.

On the underground scene - Techno, Tech House and Deep House and NuDisco is for me personally more inspiring at the moment.  
I feel the more I gain knowledge about music and the more I understand, it brings me back to the roots where it all came from and I feel this is the new way to go. 

I just bought my first analogue Synthesizer also. More feeling, more emotion, less BOMBOM.  

What are your feelings on the MC's?
 I never worked with MCs. I feel like they can add a great vibe to the crowd though!

What advice would you give to up and coming DJs/Producers?
12. Work on music you like, rather then what your friends would like. Try to become true to yourself. Music represents your inner self like a mirror. The more you understand that, the better it will show in the music you produce. If you're just starting to DJ just do whatever feels right. Don't be scared of ruin a record. Show people that there is someone behind the booth. Listen to people you respect. 

what do you think of sohblog
 I think The Source of House Music Blog is a great Idea and I appreciate your work. Blogs and Websites have always been the source I used to go for new music, and still do- so I think you guys are awesome and I thank you for the interview!



EDM Producer & DJ Ask me anything: christianrothas@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment